8/5/09

Rural Alberta Advantage

So somewhere along the lines in my year off I warmed up to the internet and finally made friends. Since then she's been kind enough to send many a wicked site along my way - all of which bringing their own worlds of opportunities.

One such discovery was that of the Rural Alberta Advantage. This threesome from the north were hard not to notice once they started popping up on my LastFM stream.

(LastFM... another of my IBFFs)

Once I added my little heart to their songs I started seeing them EVERYWHERE - everywhere, seriously, it was a little funny.


(speaking of funny, when you get a sec watch Alanis and Alicia Silverstone in "My Mother's Red Hat" - so much great Canadian music!)

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b080b3abab/my-mother-s-red-hat-w-alicia-silverstone-alanis-morissette

Anyway - suddenly RAA was everywhere I looked - and I saw that they were asking for people to send artwork for their new album. Instantly I had an image in my head... but, with life being as crazy as it's been, I didn't finish in time... but I still really wanted to make a piece - ever since first hearing "don't haunt this place" - so it was going to happen any which way.

So here she be... well, actually I think I still have work on it to do.... it's not quite what I pictured... but it's a start...

This one means a lot to me, I think we should all haunt the world with our love - put all that good energy into what you want and let it live forever :)

No comments: