9/28/16

Woodland Wool hits the road!

Is there a better way to welcome in autumn than a road trip across Nova Scotia?

To a corner I'm not incredibly familiar with at that...

I think not!

Next week my friend Michelle and I are headed off to Amherst for the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival. This is my first time participating in this event and I'm so excited to not only be showing my work, but I'm also leading a needle felting workshop.

In this introductory class we will explore the basics of building a three dimension landscape that depicts one of my favourite landscapes, the gypsum cliffs in St Croix, Hants County, Nova Scotia.

What you can expect to cover:
- brief history of needle felting
- explanation of tools and materials
- advice for planning a piece
- layering your background; including sky, grass and clouds
- building up a scene by adding layers (trees, rocks, water etc)
- how to press a piece
- adding three dimensional aspects (grass, sheep)

Intro to Feltscapes
Wednesday October 12th, 9am - 12pm
Christ Church, Multipurpose Room, 5 Lawrence Street, Amherst, NS

All materials are included and the cost is $75/person; maximum 12 participants.
To register call (902) 757-2233 or email  tacha.reed@gmail.com

No comments: