5/26/09

memorial day















Bryan works for an American company, he follows their holidays... so I took Memorial Day off too so we could enjoy some time together and
most importantly - put in the garden!

We started out with one of our most favorite of the breakfast meals, bacon and eggs, at Crossroads in Garland Crossing.



We followed breaky with a bit of an adventure to find Baldwin Nursery somewhere behind Falmouth.

I've never see such a large outdoor nursery before. Soooo many shrubs and trees. The perfect resource for landscapers. Bryan left there with jalapenos, green peppers, cukes, Roma tomatoes... and the guy even talked him into cherry tomatoes - though he swore he'd never grow them again the last two years!

I eyed a Forsythia for $15, but held out for the 4/$10 perennials at Superstore. I picked out a nice selection of ground covers and smaller stemmed plants to help balance out my Hollyhocks, Foxglove and Echinacea. I'm kinda making it up as I go, so here's hoping the end result is even better than what I'm envisioning.

On the way home we stopped at the river to get an updated shot of the 101 Highway project. Once there Bryan realized we had a flat. My man is cool as shit! Didn't even curse, just got to it while I dug through the car to see what else I had for posters and took a few more pics.

I said bye to some passing bulbs, then put in all my new flowers while Bry got the tire fixed. Having that dealt Bryan wanted nothing more than to fish, so we took a jaunt back to the river I left the boys to do their thing and went back to the house surprised to find a note from Erika. She LOVES the animation tests I sent and wants to talk right away!

Erika and I had another hour-long power session on the phone - things are rolling and I can clearly see all the stones that have been laid for me in life and the inviting path ahead of me. Watch me skip the rest of the way, with a smile, humming my own tune.

Overall, a pretty awesome day - right down to the lemon meringue pie dessert

sweet

1 comment: