5/5/09

now for my next trick



Well I'm finally starting to recover from the intensity of the weekend. I, of course, stayed up until 2:30 Friday night preparing, and was up by 7:30 to enjoy a very long coffee before I made my way down to the North Street Church.

Luckily there was plenty of time to set up because I sure was tired. I have to say I was absolutely blown away by the amount of people that flooded in when the doors finally opened at 11 - and it didn’t slow down!!! I wish we had a counter, because there was a lot of traffic. As there should have been! The Halifax Crafters put on a hell of a good show!

I just have to say how honoured I feel to have participate in such an amazing event, surrounded by abounds of talent! Every piece there was just so original. I fit in perfectly with my variety display of crafts. The new feather pendants and hair clips were a huge hit – outselling the critters even! Runners up were the magnets and postcards.

The definitive highlight of my weekend was when I saw Jenn Grant enter and approach my table. I played it cool at first as she stopped her boyfriend right in front of me – “we need magnets!” I had to ask, and double check it was really her, then I promptly offered her a magnet with her portrait - which was a great surprise to her and she insisted on buying it, jubilantly saying to her boyfriend “there’s a magnet with me on it!”

Yay!

She loved the magnets and picked out my Arnie saving the planet one too. Then she asked if I had written a note with her portrait on the web? I think I entered a state of shock at that point... “oh no, she knows about my high school crush!” She said the note was really nice… probably more so referring to the part where I say how proud of her I am for her success. I wanted to say something, thank you… or something… but I had lost my ability to make eye contact and speak. So I just smiled and then let them peruse. Yay, Jenn Grant has my art on her fridge!

(That night I had a dream that we did a project together and our theme was “green” – we were having a phenomenal brainstorming session as we planned our photo shoot and proceeding cut-ups that we would print on a variety of green coloured paper. That was a fun dream ☺)

So now the craft show is finally over and my long days of crafting are on hold for a while. My house looks like a craft show projectile vomited in every room… so I have a lot of tidying ahead of me.

Next week I put on my animation hat and devote myself to the progressive evolution of Xeno Fremmen.

So very exciting!

Life is good :)

No comments: