10/15/10

Some Pre Nocturne Posting


Seeing as I won't be in town for Nocturne, I thought I'd get a bit of postering done while I was in the big city.

For those of you in Halifax this weekend I encourage you to make your way out and partake in Halifax's own Art at night festival... and while you're at it keep an eye out for a few loose chickens!

http://www.nocturnehalifax.ca




I have to admit I was quite disappointed to find I had conflicting events in my schedule ruling out a night in the city exploring Nocturne.  I may not be able to be there to take in the sights, but I'll definitely be continuing my contribution to the urban chicken campaign this weekend as we travel to Cape Breton for the wedding of my dear friend Trish.





For more stories about local Haligonians fighting for their right to include chickens as a part of their house holds here's an article on local entrepreneur Fred Connors:

'It makes absolutely no sense that we would have a mayor who would not actively encourage people to take responsibility for their own food supply.'—Fred Connors

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/07/23/ns-halifax-urban-chickens.html#ixzz12SJcT08v




Look for more wild chickens and some autumn leaves next week, till then get out and enjoy some Art!

No comments: