3/30/09

I remember the exact moment I first looked into Jenn Grant's eyes...

Like a deer in the headlights she was trapped in the center of the front schoolyard, an obvious new girl, shy and lovely.

I stopped and watched as she was slowly pulled by the invisible string of her ally. Very carefully she made her exit, and I followed the departing path of her ringlets, ablaze in the early sun, bouncing on her turquoise velvet shoulders…

and I thought...

she’s the perfect girl!



It was twelve years before I even heard her speak.

Feeling quite surreal I stared at this beauty known only as a character in lost memories of youth. She was awkward, yet graceful … larger than life there on the stage of the Queen Elizabeth’s auditorium, ready to celebrate her new album.

When she finally opened her mouth to sing the first note slammed my heart. A flood of tears and memories quickly followed. I was in absolute awe.

I don’t know if I’ve ever been more proud.

1 comment:

Justosaurus said...

I was there. I'll never forget that wonderful evening. when the stars danced.